So as time went by, I realized that it's going to be a waste if I don't eat it because they're going to expire anyhow. So I was suppose to eat it when I'm free but I kept on delaying and delaying until I forgot about the expiry date. (Note that I did not put the chocs in the fridge because I was afraid that other people would eat them. I gotta hide it somewhere safe like my 'treasure box' lol). I had no time before this as I was busy with work and social life therefore the delay. Besides that, I also kinda bu she de eat it. I needed a time when I'm alone and ready to eat it.
Finally one day when I was free and had time for myself, I checked the chocolates and to my horror, 2 of the chocolates had already expired like months ago (Expiry dates: The Warner Hudson Liqueur - 09/03/2009 & Toblerone Dark Chocolate - 06/06/2009). The other 2, Jack Daniel and Hamlet chocs had only one or two days left until the expiry dates.
Walao eh! Bo Si Kang Liao. So that day I decided to finish up the Jack Daniel Chocolate first after freezing it in the fridge. That one tasted weird (as in the liqueur inside had frozen when normally liqueur inside the chocolate suppose to be in liquid form I think) but sweet at the same time. I guess that's what you get when you do not put the choc in the fridge in order to preserve it for a long time especially one that is near its expiry date.
Next is the Hamlet chocolate. Now this one is most precious to me but already one day passed its expiry date. When I open the decorative box (after freezing it in the fridge), the chocolates looked terribly deformed. Must be because the chocs were melting before I freeze it up I thought. Besides that, some of the chocolates also had some kind of bubbly spots (or maybe hairy/bushy) on its surfaces. Nevermind that, I was still determined to consume it all.
I took one of the several different kinds of the Hamlet chocolates and took one bite. As it melted in my mouth, it felt nothing like other chocolates that I had ever tasted before. Tasty and weird/horrible at the same time. I dunno maybe it's more tasty then weird LOL. It's all about the mind I told myself. The chocolate tasted powdery for most part, some part it's normal where it melts properly on your tongue and then there were these weird bits 'I don't know what is it'. After the first one, I thought, well I can live with it, it's not that bad anyway.
The second day after its expiry date and halfway through, I was beginning to feel weird as in REALLY weird. I realized that chocolates were not supposed to taste like this. Then I thought about expired bread. Do you know what happens to expired bread? Well, mold spores would start breeding and grow on its surfaces. By that time it hit me, HARD.
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! Holy *toot*! What have you been eating Chai!?!?!?!
I quickly puked away that one chocolate in my mouth into the rubbish bin then went to check on the other remaining chocolates. As I looked closer, dang!!! I had been eating LIVE mold spores together with chocolates. The horrible thing was that I had already eaten half of the 10 chocolates. Thinking back, I even ate the one with the biggest mold spread. No wonder it tasted powdery plus together with the bits. Bluek~ Bluek~ BLUEK~~PLUEK!!! GARGH~ WTFFF!!!!
Lesson 1: Remember to check the expiry date and never eat expired foods.
Lesson 2: Always preserve the chocolates properly in the fridge.
Lesson 3: Open eyes BIG BIG and look closely at whatever you are eating!
Lesson 4: Mold spores can grow on chocolates, not only on breads.