Does your smile come sincerely from the heart? If you usually smile just for the sake of job fulfillment or for other reasons, your true emotion would be held back and ignored thus affect your mental health negatively. Lets do an analysis of your personality.ARE YOU HAVING 'SMILING DEPRESSION'?
United State's psychology expert David D. Burns created 1 set of questions to examine the illnesses of depression including smiling depression.
Please calculate your total score according to your emotion.
None - 0, A little - 1, Average - 2, Serious - 3
- Always feeling heartache.
- Not sure about the future.
- Feeling yourself has no value @ you think you are a loser.
- Feeling that your ability is inferior compared someone else.
- You feel guilty for everything.
- Hesitant when making decisions.
- Always angry and not satisfied.
- Not interested anymore in career, family, hobby or even friends.
- Low spirited when doing something.
- Feeling yourself not attractive or is experiencing the process of getting older.
- No appetite? Or eating too much without control.
- Insomnia or always feeling sleeping and low spirited.
- Not interested anymore in sex.
- Always worried about own health.
- Life without value or suffering in life.
0 - 4 marks: No depression.
5 - 10 marks: Sometimes there's depression.
11 - 20 marks: Light case of depression.
21 - 30 marks: Average case of depression.
31 - 45 marks: Serious level. Advisable to seek immediate treatment!
GET TO KNOW ABOUT SMILING DEPRESSION
- Symptoms of smiling depression usually happens to workers in the service industry, public relation and administration sectors.
- According to research, 65% of people suffering from depression are females.
- Smiles from patients do not come from the heart but just for job requirements or the sake of mannerism. In the long term, they will feel sad and depressed including mental pressure if it's a serious condition.
- Ways to cure it include taking anti-depression drugs, herbal medication, engaging in physical activities, consuming foods that contain Vitamin B (banana, chocolate and apple) and reading books to relax your soul.
Even if you are busy with your career, do not abandon your true feelings! Rest when you are tired, get enough sleep, do some sports, go on a vacation or visiting friends. Make a record or a list of your own strengths and experiences that were positive to you. Remember to see a doctor when experiencing a serious case of depression or mental pressure.