Saturday, January 9, 2010

My Trip to Paong, Ulu Baram (Part 6)

27/12/2009

Before this, my colleague who was my roommate also had been telling me that he saw a firefly in the room during the night for the last two days. I really wanted to see it since the last time I saw it was a long long time ago when I was still a small kid. Tonight I stayed up later and then I finally saw it. It's beautiful. It shines even more bright when it starts flying around in the dark.

The firefly. See that?

Something really funny happened during the night. When I was about to doze off, suddenly I heard a horrible scream. Reminds me of the 'Witch' in the Left 4 Dead game. Initially I was scared and shocked by it. I woke up look around and asked my colleague whether he heard that scream.

Me: Holy shit! Did you hear that?!

Colleague: What? What's going on?

Me: I thought I heard somebody screamed just now. I think it was a girl's scream.

Colleague: Oh~ It's just me man. It was me. It was my scream.

Me: What?? What happened? That was some scary shit.

Colleague: Oh really? That firefly almost flew into my mouth!

Me: Huh? ...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Seriously dude you screamed like a girl.

Because of that I had a hard time going to sleep because I just couldn't stop laughing when I thought about the scream.


28/12/2009

Today's the last day yippee-kye-yay.

Bye Bye office. You are a sad place to be in.

Time for some victory dunk!

......

They served us fresh wild boar soup on our last day. When I was about to eat it, I discovered something urgh disgusting. I found that the wild boar's hairs still left intact among the fat layers of skin. Holy crap! They were supposed to burn/torch the skin before cooking it but at this kind of place, what could I expect. Out of courtesy, I ate it but leaved the fatty skins aside. Bluek~ It was quite good without the skin and the hair though.

Happy to go home.

No comments: